Western Labour (WL) specializes in the daily provision of Temporary Trades, Construction and General labour. Available tickets are WHIMIS, CSTS, Fall Arrest, AWP, Zoom-Boom, Equipment Operators, Flagging, Safety, Confined Space, First Aid and Journeyman. We are committed to recruiting and attracting the most suitable worker to fill your needs while placing employees in temporary positions across a wide range of opportunities and working environments. WL delivers cost effective labour solutions for clients in Calgary, Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Using an in-person approach by ownership and management, WL assures you standards of performance and safety are consistently met. Accountability is unmatched when you can deal directly with the Dispatcher, Branch Manager, President or CEO! There is no sales or operations employee that can match the strength of commitments made directly to you by ownership. Most business's can not offer you that kind of connection but at WL this is the way we do it every day. In addition to meeting your short term work requirements, we can provide a platform for clients wanting to hire internally whereby the client can ensure a perspective employee fits the needs of the position and the organization prior to an employment offer being made.
WL is 100% locally owned and operated. Repeat business is the hallmark of our success. You only have to work with us on few occasions to see the value in choosing WL as your temporary labour supplier. Any issue or changing need is addressed immediately. You can be sure our employees arrive at your site equipped, able, with all PPE, presentable, on time and in a mind set of ready-to-go.
Are you looking for work? Are you looking for a chance for additional experience or interested in working in a variety of companies for short term periods of time? Are you new to the area and wanting to get you're foot in the door of a company that could possibly lead to full-time work and a new career? WL can help you do this and more!
Whatever the project and whatever the challenge, Western Labour is there to serve the client. We welcome the opportunity to assist the client at all stages of project development. Our client partnerships develop the kind of close, mutually beneficial working relationships that lead to shared successes. Call us today!
Building on Trust
Western Labour provides a labour pool resource necessary to meet your fluctuating labour demands.
We are 100% locally owned and operated providing you unmatched personalized service and management
availability whenever requested.
• Reliable workers physically capable, mentally prepared and adequately experienced to perform the work
• Quality labour on a daily, term or project basis
• Our fleet of vehicles and drivers ensure labour arrives at the requested time
• Large pool of trades, ticketed, skilled and general workers
• Workers arrive with appropriate PPE and are insured by WCB
• Payroll tax, CPP and EI worker contributions are managed and paid by WL
• Immediate action to manage changing situations or any other matter of concern
• Costs associated in recruiting, hiring and terminations are avoided
For Our Workers
We offer competitive pay AND incentives for all those we recruit.
Our workers have direct access to ownership.
Dependable labour is only a phone call away.
• Workers available 7 days a week / 24 hours per day
• Pay a flat hourly rate for hours worked
• Payroll taxes, insurance, government forms and reporting are all covered for you
• Troublesome labour shortages, absenteeism and time on paperwork are controlled
• Recruiting and permanent staffing services available
• Customer satisfaction is what we have built this business on
Partnering with You
It is our desire to partner with you to provide support for your labour force and reduce your labour costs.
Our commitment to service and dedication to detail is the reason why Western Labour should be your choice for labour.
We recruit, assess, hire and manage temporary construction employees. We have a track record of providing construction employment solutions for several reasons:
Specialized industry knowledge - Specialized recruitment in the construction industry meeting the unique skills and requirements of the construction industry. We have broad connections in the industry and know where to locate the best people.
Quick response time – Because we are constantly recruiting people, we have a database of qualified workers ready to go to work.
Carefully screened, qualified workers – Our recruiting, screening processes means you get qualified workers with the skills to fit the task.